Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Monday, June 27, 2005

Pride X-travaganza

So I walked in the parade. I have walked in the gay pride parade!!! How cool is that??!!!

I went to the parade around noon with my roomate Al, and his boyfriend Ron (who also recently moved in). But I was so enamored with the drag queens, that I lost them in five minutes.

Anyway, Indian-fetished Lot and me walked in the parade with the Salga contigent. And of course, Blonde white Lotte was walking directly behind the Salga banner. So, it was us plus 5 other Indians walking behind a beat up pick up truck with dupattas blasting bollywood music and a potbellied drag queen dancing in the center of the pickup. Jhankaar beats comes to New York!
We lost Salga after we met Ana, another friend from the broadcst group who was filming the parade. We hung out with her for a bit, and then walked the rest of the parade- all 57 blocks of it!

Man, pride is exhausting - you need a week to recover from three days of partying!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home