Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Martini Mania

So, without a doubt, I got completely smashed at the company's birthday party. I had 4 martinis, one after the other, in a span of 2 hours. On an empty stomach.
A lychee martini, a mango martini, a key lime martini, and another great cocktail called a coco bianco - white godiva liquer, dark godiva liquer, vanilla vodka and a dash of cream. It had been so long since I had good drinks, that I almost forgot what they tasted like.
In anycase, the night ended up in two arguments - one with medical writer John Watson's gf Kim about what I wanted to do with my PhD (she refused to believe that I wanted to be a ballerina in pursuit of global domination), and another with the other brown guy in the company Dr. Raj Pannu (he's a Canadian Indian) about bollywood - he was dissing it, and I was missing it. Of course nothing came of either of them, except for feigned drama and half a slice of lime which was grilled over candelight and then waxed (it slipped from my hands when it got too hot).

*hic*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home