Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Limbo

So being in limbo really sucks. Especially when you don't have a job, and are volunteering in a lab part time just so that you don't go crazy. And what's more, the anxiety of not knowing where you'll be next just amplifies as the day goes on. This is, perhaps, the first time in my life where I don't have a backup plan (and marrying nicole doesn't count).
I have my interview with NYU Med for my PhD today. I am so anxious and snappy, that I'm half worried that I'll start snapping at the interviewer if (s)he starts asking me stupid questions (obviously I wont - but you get the picture). On the bright side, they are wining and dining us for 5 meals, which means I'll save money on those meals (really have to think about these things when you don't have a steady income) - and tomorrow night includes free booze, which is pretty damn sweet. Also, they're taking us for Avenue Q tonight - a musical that I actually want to see - which is good.
Also, on Saturday going over to the brother's to cook, which, I'm sure, is going to be stressful. There's going to be the 'have you thought about your life' talk - ugh- hate older brothers - like I'm not stressing out enough that I need to have it shoved in my head that I'm unemployed fifty times by stupid brother. Then again, maybe he wont - he just got back from a month long holiday in california. *sigh* wishful thinking.
Anyway, moral of the story being I hate being in limbo, and I hate having heard from one school and no others - it's so damn annoying.

4 Comments:

  • hey you
    * waves *
    nice blog there monsieur !!! just chanced upon ur blog !! ummmm .. well wish u all the luck with ur interview(s).

    Cheers !
    R !!!

    p.s :- tellme its not Neil Patel in NJ whose from Mumbai :) *gasp*
    p.p.s:- ur cute :)

    By Blogger once again, at 1:32 AM  

  • hmm.. how'd it go? who did you hear from?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 PM  

  • Once again - yes, it is the neil patel in NJ from Bombay

    Sabbo - just heard from NYU, interviews went ok - don't want to say anything more, will hear from them Feb 1

    By Blogger TheGreatGujju, at 12:35 AM  

  • Neil Patel (who managed to 2 blow jobs and a foursome in 3 hours)

    * shrieks *

    the man clearly hasnt only retained his gluttonous appetite, he's created a genre of his own ! yep yep, its pure jealousy talking here :-}

    and well thank u, for ignoring my very humble compliment * sighs *

    cherio !
    moi !

    By Blogger once again, at 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home