Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Thursday, March 16, 2006

After a long time..

I'm finally back in the city!!

The last two weeks have been so hectic, but oh-so-fun!! Was in Minneapolis 2 weeks ago, courtesy The U of MN for an interview - who knew that a little midwestern town could be so fun! Of course, hung out lots with my Nonie baby, but also got wined and dined par excellence by the university - got to see the campus inclduing the super Frank Gehry Bldg (Weissman Museum). The city, albeit quaint, seemed pretty liberal, culturally educated and in general, nice and small. No doubt, I'm definitely going to visit again.

Spent the last week in San Fran - super duper fun with mom, brother and lata (sis in law). We took a day trip to Monterey (yes, I did have Monterey Jack for breakfast with my Jalapeno omlette), where we saw the jellyfishes, had dinner in santa cruz - ate like gluttons and was just really good drama free family time! Of course, it hailed in the city - for the first time in 20 years - and the Californians were all going bezerk, but it was entertaining nonetheless. And yes, I am moving to san fran once I'm done with my PhD.

Speaking of PhDs, I had an interview at Cornell on Monday - God I hope I get in - imagine doing research at sloane kettering and getting the bonus of an ivy league degree - *sigh*. In anycase, trying not to get too excited about it - let me get accepted first and we'll take it from there. Either ways, at least I know I'm definitely coming back to the city!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home