Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Dinner with the ex

I had dinner with G tonight. Yes, after all my friends advised against it. He randomly called me on the day of the potluck to invite me over. I have no idea why he did this. In anycase, I told him that I was busy and he asked me if I was pissed at him, and I said yes. I didn't get into further details because I wouldve ended up burning the food I was cooking.

But getting to the point. I was pretty concerned as to why he wanted to meet me - I mean it was a pretty random phonecall after a long time. We met for dinner at this vietnamese place 'Monsoon' on the west side, and it was quite nice. I was pleasantly surprised - he was extraordinarily nice - picked up the tab, walked me home - maybe it was guilt?

But I was thinking, on my way back uptown after being stood up by friend Brian who flaked on me at the last minute, that I think I'll always be attracted to him. He is super gorgeous, but I think I'm more attracted to his simplicity. At some level, perhaps I envy that level of non ambition and simplicity - I've been raised to be tremendously succesful and ambitious - which, in my opinion, is not a bad thing at all. But it's just sometimes the grass is greener on the other side? Anyway, the point being I think I reached that level of emotional defeat today - where it's like I know I'll always have feelings for G - and the chemistry is undeniable given the circumstances of our meeting - but it's obviously not meant to be, and meeting him once every 2 months is not a bad thing. It's like I feel that today was emotional closure for me - where I could actually dine with him as friends, and control the expression of my emotions to the extent where I realized that nothing will become of it.

Just random thoughts...

In other news going insane trying to get everything together for Monday - the shuttle picks me up at 2pm. Still so much packing/moving to be done!!!

1 Comments:

  • Wow....so it's all over huh? From California to New York...lol. So I read your blog and it hit kind of close to home. Not to say that you have a partner and your having dinner w/ your x but it made me trip out on my current situation. Good luck w/ that. Your a handsome guy and I'm not sure why he's your ex but one thing I'm positive about is that you are most handsome and the right playa! Will come play with you some day soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home