Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

From Nicole's Blog

"Last week’s in-class discussion of war reporting has got me thinking. What would happen if little ol’ me were called upon some day to cover war? I think my journal would go something like this:



Day 1: Sacred shitless.

Day 2: Same. Plus discovered there is no where to bake cookies at base camp. Will have to leave vanilla extract and other supplies behind.

Day 3: Forced to dig fox holes for protection. I decorated mine today, making a thatch rug out of leaves and twigs.

Day 4: Met some random locals today, but they didn’t seem to know the way to IKEA. Useless.

Day 5: So bored with all this sand and bombing. Have devised a way to slipcover the humvee. Purple.

Day 6: My mom called the Iraq embassy and managed to track me down. She says that this job is not safe and she and my dad will be picking me up tomorrow. On their way home from Reno.

Day 7: I decorated farewell flower pots for the troops today. Even though they keep saying things like “the freaky white girl brought glitter and glue guns to war?” I know that they will miss me."

hahahahahaha - how I love that girl!! Check here for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home