Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Friday, March 17, 2006

Things I have noticed

Having been in Manhattan for the past year without travelling (jersey doesn't count), I have noticed the following:

- Other cities have roads - like really big, wide ones

- The air smells different

- I will eventually settle in San Fran (I just know it)

- People in the other cities are nicer, and not as cynical as New Yorkers (Some random woman actually gave us a quarter for the meter because she noticed we were out).

- Someday when I'm 50, I too will be telling stories to kids which go something like 'When I used to live in Manhattan...'

- Life in New York is, in fact, a lot like FRIENDS - minus the unrealistic budget and obseesive hanging out at coffee shops

- New Yorkers are neurotic. Including me. You have to be.

- Living in New York makes you develop esoteric and eclectic tastes which you will probably never find anywhere else in the world

*sigh* I love being a New Yorker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home