Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Summer Saturday

So, after the parents left on Friday, I was all revved up to resume my workout routine, and headed to the gym at Union Sq. However, just my luck that NYU decided to shut the gym on Memorial day weekend, so I decided to get my own workout - by touring the village - to shop.

But not without cause, I needed new shoes desperately. Walking in New York had brought me down to my last pair. So I walked all around from 14th and 4th Ave to 8th and 6th, and back, checking out prices and fashions. Finally I decided on a Sketchers pair from DSW at Union Sq.
DSW (Discount Shoe Warehouse) is in the same building as Filenes, a discount brand name store. So obviously, it was impossible for me to not go there - even though I didn't need any clothes.

While I was at Filenes, in the casual men's section, I noticed a guy cruising me. This, people, was the highlight of my day. Never in the history of the world have I ever been able to notice someone cruising me, and now, finally, I did. I was so pleased at the fact that I was being checked out that I smiled. Cruisey dude thought that I was checking him out again, and so smiled back - only I wasn't. I was just smiling. It took me half an hour to get him off me (not that he was bad looking or anything, I just wasn't in the mood.)

Spent the evening with Lot at Big Cup (the big gay coffee house in chelsea) letching at men, and being too chicken to ask them out. I could have gone to jersey to hang with bhai and leta(his gf) and her sister and bf, but I was too lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home