Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Thursday, May 12, 2005

A meeting with Roche, a corporate run and Mummy-papa!

So, as expected, the work came in today. I have the first big project that I'm working on - it's a drug for Roche, one that's already in the market (called Pegasys - used in the treatment of Hep C). So I was doing a background check on the drug the whole day, seeing new places where Roche was taking it, and just brushing up on my antiviral pharmacology.
In discussing something with my boss, the CEO of the company I work at, I mentioned some of the stuff I knew about the drug. He seemed most impressed and demanded that I come with him to the presentation on June 30th. I'm so excited - my first corporate presentation - with Roche nonetheless!! Not that I'm under any pressure or anything.
And while I was taking my email checking breaks, my supervisor sent out an email saying that the company would be putting together a team for the Chase corporate 5Km run through Central Park. So, not to be outdone by my brother who just did the 42 mile manhattan bike tour, I signed up. And of course, they just happen to be giving out "Team Fission" tees. Free. (I'm such a gujju!!!)
And of course, the parentals are coming in day after tomorrow. Most excited!! I miss my mommy and daddy!! (Besides, they're getting back tons of desi food..mmm...oh how I crave those peppered banana chips..mmm)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home