Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Canoeing and Canine Throw Up

For people who choose to go home in the Summer : I seriously pity you. I don't think even 3 months are enough to appreciate the things that you can do in this country in the Summer.

So, as I do every two weeks, I went to the brother's on Saturday to do some cooking (literally, my roti and maska for the next two weeks). I find out then, that we have to go canoeing in princeton the next day. I had no clothes except for a pair of shorts and a tee and so put up an argument that I couldn't. Amidst this argument, my brother's friend Ananya called saying that they had got some lamb from the halal meat store, and that they would be making some desi style meat and potatoes. I was convinced.

So, I borrowed a pair of boxers from my brother (he wears XL, and I wear M - it's amazing how versatile binder clips can be) and a spare toothbrush that I had and we prepared ourselves for the delicious meat and dal-saag that she cooked for us. Ananya is housesitting at a Professor's house up in Princeton, not too far from a canal where people often go to canoe . And so post dinner we stayed the night at her house, and then prepared to get up late the next morning.

And then finally, the canoeing was sooo much fun. We probably canoed somewhere between a quarter to half a mile, and got awfully tanned - but it was sooo fun and pretty. Who knew, Jersey, land of industrial dumps and desi overdoses, could be so pretty. In any case, we spent a good 2.5 hrs canoeing with great conversation.

Coming back, Ron &Al (my housemates) had left for the big 7-day gay cruise which they had been looking forward to since forever. The dog, on the other hand, threw up thrice in three days. So between Marie and me panicing on what to do, and trying to call Bryce's old vet - we managed to feed her chicken broth and rice - which is apparently good for the stomach. She seemed alright after, but she's generally a morning throw up person, so it's still early to tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home