Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Fission Vison

Alright - this is for all those in the company reading the blog (that means you - JW, DD, JS, BS!).

Although Fission, may not be the best place for cutthroat business, the people there are the absolute best to work with. For the days that I surfed the net all day long without doing an iota of constructive work (and yes, there were many), it was the banter of the colleagues 'downtown' that kept me going. And I think that only fissionaries can appreciate the insanity that comes from having absolutely no work, and the crazy ideas for sitcoms/dramas that come out of it. Maybe we should actually consider putting the TV execs in a med ed company so that they come out with shows that are actually funny.

Anyway, I though the best way to do this is to make a list of the things that I will miss about fission, and the things I won't. I'll try not to get all teary-eyed.

What I will miss :
  • The immensley entertaining conversations (and conspiracies) thanks to JW, DD and JS.
  • Free stationary (Im a sucker for free things - as anyone who reads this blogs knows)
  • The 2% of work that I did - I think it was really cool that MN (the VP of the company) chose me to go on a pitch with him - of course, it didn't work out - but you know, it's the thought that counts.
  • The chase corp run - It's not exactly the new york marathon - but it's at least a start.
  • The unanswered questions which kept me going - who stole the missing bathroom key (it was actually under the file rack), and who was the temp with the improper social security number (I guess we'll never know - but incase you're reading - the door code is now 152) and just why did Insomnia-man WB really quit?
  • The non-sequitirs which Dr.PM used to make randomly when he used to come out for a glass of water.
  • The KS bashing which RA and me often indulged in.
  • The fact that despite being in the healthcare industry, the CEO and VP are grossly obese - and they're the ones who pitch business
  • The amount of time I had to research free happenings in the city (stay tuned to this blog for more info)
  • The characters that make up a corporate setup (half of whom, strangely, are also actors)
Things that I will not miss:
  • Egotistical condescending directors who have nothing to do with you, but still exert their 'superiority', by reiterating the fact to the VP that they shouldn't "waste money on an intern!!" while I'm right there.
  • The bathrooms - which have no hot water and broken flushes for the urinals (ugh - I know it was gross)
  • A certain rat-like management employee who comes up to your desk and cracks bad jokes with the impression that he's really cool - but when, in fact, no one has any respect for him and they laugh at him, instead of with him. (Actually, I'm going to miss making fun of him - perhaps this should go on the list above)
  • The dungeon - anyone who works on 4 will know what I'm talking about - it's almost like prison
  • The air conditioning - the place was like a damn freezer!!
But I guess, overall, the experience was definitely memorable - I might devote two whole paragraphs to it if I ever write my autobiography.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home