Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Happy Diwali!

So, for those who didn't already know - Diwali and New Year were day before and yesterday. I spent Diwali working assiduously at my college essay, which I intend to get done by the end of the week.

Yesterday, however, was a total disaster. Spent the whole evening watching TV instead of working on my apps and lit two homemade candle lamps (aka diyas) outside my door (me being all religious and festive and all). Half an hour later, the smoke alarm went of and the whole building was yelping like a chihuaha being castrated. So obviously I ran out to put the lamps out and without realizing, picked them up. Word of advice: clay lamps get HOT - so pretty much burned myself. On my middle finger. Not dramatically or anything, but there's still a blister.

So no work done. And burnt.

Happy Diwali and Saal Mubarak!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home