Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Friday, December 23, 2005

Walkathon Week

I'm not sure whether or not I've managed to become a true new yorker yet, but I do know that I managed to survive a three day strike commuting cross town! Yes, it did warrant a lot of walking, and a lot of hitching and, unfortunately, no new men, but overall I survived.
Now, when a city's local transport starts striking - the general reaction of people around was pretty anxious like "oh my god, how do I get to work?" and "oh my god I can't afford cabs everyday".
Mine, on the other hand, was "oh goody, I get to hitch - maybe I'll get picked up in more way than one ;)" Obviously, this didn't happen. Am I an optimist or just really desperate?

But, on the bright side, pakistani friend of mine, Sabina (aka susu Assmati Dykistani) from Boston was staying with me - which was super fun. Didn't really do much outside of hanging out, but it was quality time well spent. And will be spending 8 hrs with nonie tomorrow at JFK bec she has a layover before she goes to India - woo hoo!!

Big plans for the weekend - laundry, house cleaning, and probably, dog cleaning. *sigh*
Merry Christmas and all that - not really feeling the christmas capitalism this year - still waiting for my miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home