Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Monday, January 23, 2006

AAARRRGGHHH!!

So the amount I hate the american healthcare system cannot be expressed in words. So I've been having really bad lower abdominal pains, and so decided to make use of my NYU health insurance and went to the doctor. But of course, I couldn't make use of it - because it expired when I graduated and there's no way that I can resign up for it bec it's past the Jan 8 deadline. Why don't they tell you this or send you some reminder??!! Because, the fucked up old insurance bitch at the counter said, "you should have read the guide book". Who the FUCK reads the fucking guidebook?!!!! Honestly!!

In anycase, my pain was pretty bad, so had to see a doctor, who prescribed antibiotics. Now, the stash I had from home expired in 2004. So spent the whole day calling up everyone I know asking them if they had it, and then finally going to 3 duane 'why-the-fuck-are-they-pharmacies-if-they-cant-give-you-the-meds-in-the-same-day' reade and not getting anywhere. Went to a rite aid finally, on 110th st, and realized that the doctor prescribed the more expensive, rarer analog of the drug (thank god I'm a pharmacist). So called my cousin doctor to represcribe the one that I needed (the cheaper one) and got 3 days worth of the drug. The rest is being sent to me via an uncle in philly.

Ugh! I hate the healthcare system sooooo much!! Give me bombay, where I can just go down the street and get anything without a prescription.

And now I burnt my rice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home