Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Monday, March 27, 2006

Sholay, Sabina and Aging

And so there was Sholay this weekend. And so I went. Of course the music was great, I ended up looking hot and it was all in all a fun time. And for the first time I actually got mauled - by someone who apparently works at Goldman Sachs (a 5'7-ish pipsqueak) who forcefully tried to grab my head, crobar Radhika and Paula (who drove up all the way from DC to see me) off me and then put his hand up my shirt and try to feel me up. Of course if there wasn't other drama (the details of which I shall not go into here bec it doesn't involve my life), I would have been all traumatized. But since there was a diversion, I let the guy pass. Although it was flattering - in a very 'cool, guys are trying to maul me' kind of way. *sigh* I'm weird. And have too much time on my hands.

But in other news, I think I managed to see so many desi friends this weekend, perhaps not at the same time - but they all showed up - fahad, shabu shabu assmati (who came down from boston and ate very little even though i insisted she eat more), flaky boobsie boobaneshwar boobinca (who we now need to get a phone appointment to talk with), Nanguskar and Doodeshwar who came over to watch family guy and half of constant gardener (which, btw, is a pretty good movie - little bit formula-ish, but I would def recommend it).

And finally, I'm back to being the lukha central again - although I'm going to try and volunteer at the LGBT center in chelsea. I've also wanted to bartend for a while - perhaps that'll get me some good dates. I need me some good dates. This whole quarter life crisis is disturbing - I'm nearing 25, and I haven't been in a serious relationship ever - also because I spent the major part of my youth in Bombay where i refused to indulge in the incestuous gaybombay circle of relationships. But still, I just think it's about time I began to settle down.

I mean what with being an Ivy Leaguer and all now (sorry - had to throw that in ;))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home