Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Monday, May 09, 2005

Of Stars and then some

After Avani (fellow GA at the Kimmel Student Center - where I work) had her party last night, and 2 martinis (lychee and coconut - both of which were high on the sweetness and low on the booze) I managed to get home at 3am, and then wake up at noon.
Shortly after, while I was drinking my milk and reading the bbc online, Lot messages me at 1.45 saying that they were off to a Jet Li adventure and a street fair at 2. Fat chance I was going to get out of my boxers and drink my coffee to see Jet Li. At 3, she called again to find out where I was, and was appalled that I was still at home. Morgan Freeman, she said, would be there with Jet Li to co-promote the film (called 'Unleashed'). Now, I don't get star struck - but this was Morgan Freeman - star of Shawshank Redemption and such.
By 4pm, I was with them at Jamba Juice. No arguments. Nicole ('Disco-bay-diva')'s friend Jack was a publicist for the film, and got us backstage where we actually saw Morgan Freeman and Jet li.

The actual sighting:
Man, he is old. Kerman and Lo were all swooning and star struck. I was too, I think, for a split second. But for the major part, it was alright. I've posted a picture of him above, and then one with Jet Li. That was actually taken while he was off guard - tried to get one with Morgan Freeman like that, but his bodyguard was too swift (damn him).

My first New York celebrity sighting, and I'm only quasi-excited. Is this the beggining of getting jaded?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home