Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Farewell Jen

So the entire company got together yesterday night to say goodbye to Jen, a medical writer from the editorial department, at a bar on 2nd ave between 29th and 30th. 2 beers down and I was doing impressions of a dominican lady! Of course, I made an utter fool of myself in front of the company folk (fortunately there were no bosses around), but hey, ek to kum zindagani usse bhi kum hai jawani. (You have only one life, and shorter than that is your youth).

Took the bus back home with a new friend I made, one who works at the Met. A NY virgin, she'd only been in the city a week, and I think was amused (to say the least) to see a bunch of drunken fissionaries conquering the bar. But in any case, I tried to entertain her (and I think I did manage) by telling her stories of ancient Hindu Mythology. She's a Masters in archaeology and works as an assistant curator in the greco-roman department at the Met. So somewhere between the conversations, she tried to form a link between the greco roman myths and ancient hindu mythology.

In all, it has certainly been a fun week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home