Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Monday, May 30, 2005

Phoneless

So I went to jersey for a bar b q at Sugar's today. Sugar is my crazy goan lesbian aunt who lives in Jersey with her girlfriend Carla and Carla's sister and mother. The Bar-b-q was in honor of my brother's gf/fiance/better half leta, who was down visiting from California. Leta's sister Vidya and her bf Mark, bhai, leta, and me were the only guests - so it was a quiet chilled out thing. Vidya is a research fellow at Memorial Sloane Kettring, one of the country's largest cancer research institutes, and Mark is a bigwig in the regulatory division at Pfizer.

Sugar made her famouse guacamole (mm..I LOVE avacados) and her burgers with the special goan bonker sauce. (I have no idea what it is, but it spices them up good). So basically, it was a lot of midday drinking and binging. So of course, by the end of it, my belly was plenty full and sticking out like a 3 month pregnant woman, but it was all worth it.

On the ride back, with Vidya and Mark, who also stay in Manhattan, I fell asleep. Somewhere between Jersey and Manhattan, my phone fell out of my shorts. So when I got off and came back home, I was all panicy for a split second and sent out an email to my brother explaining the situation.

Moral of the story: I really should keep a backup of my numbers on my PC. And if there's a power surge, and my PC gets wiped out, I should keep a backup of all the important numbers on paper in an old fashioned phone book. And if it should rain, and the phone book gets all wiped out and smudged...oh, this could go on forever!!

So anyway, I'm phoneless for the night. It's bad enough I'm going to die alone - but a night without my phone...*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home