Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Weekend Woes

So, went to therapy with fag hags lot and nicole, with token dyke anna. While the three of them stayed at one table and had multiple kamikaze shots, I went around the bar scrounging for men.

Of course, knowing the wonderful luck that I have in bars and places such, the only luck I had was 4 men aged 50+ hitting on me - which is not good luck by any standards. So, disheartened and (still) convinced that I am going to die alone, I left for home.

Fortunately, Sunday was more fun - and relaxed. Went to Edison, the Indian capital of america my friend Rina, her hubby Shri, and my brother to be treated to a multiple course Indian brunch. Starting off with Indian Chinese appetizers (drums of heaven..mmm..), we went on to eat the snacky stuff - which included dahi puri, bombay sandwich (with beet..mm), khasta chaat and other Indian delicacies. We finally finished off with Kulfi Falooda and paan. I did initially try the tutty fruity ice cream (ironic, it was my fave ice cream as a kid - and it was pink!), but it sucked, so I finally went for the kulfi.

I was so full, I could barely carry myself to the train. There ain't no grub like Indian!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home