Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Chelsea Night

And so the New York summer is officially here. I set out to explore the SALGA (South Asian Lesbian and Gay Association) meeting at the LGBT center in chelsea today, only to find out that I had the date wrong - it was next Saturday.

So, it was 4-30pm, friggin' hot and humid and I was stuck in Chelsea. Now, I think it's traditional that every time I'm in the area, I have to drop into Big Cup (which should actually be called Big Gay Coffe House!). So, I trotted along there with intentions of hanging out only for half an hour, after which I would go to the gym!

I'm usually good about my commitments, but chilling out with an iced tea in the summer checking out hot Chelsea guys? Gymming can wait! (Although it's been the second day in a row that I haven't been - am going tomorrow for sure - can't let this body go away in the summer).

So, for the next four hours, I was at Big Cup 'reading magazines' and sipping iced tea. Was then joined by the Babla babes Nicole, Kerman and Lotte, with special guest Roxanne (Kerman's friend from Bombay who now has a job at Merryl Lynch).

[Babla story: The first phrase in hindi that Kerman and me taught white girls Lotte and Nicole was Babla Dabao (squeeze boobs). So, for that whole day, Nic and Lot were saying Babla Dabao like broken records. So, they were then christened the babla babes]

Anyway, did a dinner with them in Chelsea, after which we trekked down to the east side to check out Nicole's hot date, whom she spent the day with. Of all the places in the world, he has to work at Dos Caminos, the Mexican Restaurant in my office building!!
Anyway, he was pretty hot, and while Nicole awkwardly made up some story about why we were in the area, the three girls stood behind and giggled in awe. I, on the other hand, made small talk. Whoop dee doo! *sigh*

Oh, and somewhere in between the four hours at big cup, I got laid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home