Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Monday, June 06, 2005

Phone Frenzy

So after a rather uneventful day of work, I went out to find a good deal on a new phone. Taking down locations from the webiste, I listed at least 5 T mobile sellers around downtown and was prepared to go to each of them.

The first two I went to were offering me horrid deals, and actually expected me to pay for a phone (idiots - don't they realize they're in NYC - land of uber competitive cell phone deals). Anyway, so while I was on a crosstown bus, I looked out of the window and noticed a shop which wasn't listed on my internet search (they were still authorized t mobile sellers). So obviously me, the shrewd gujju, walks in and tells the salesgirl mamta (and Indian - gultu I guess) that I want a cell phone where I get the maximum money.

She looks at me and tells me there ain't no such thing - the best she said she could do was give me a free cell phone - no phone company actually gives you money! After 45 minutes of bargaining and showing her the amazon.com website, I got a Nokia 3120 (worth $200) + $75 in rebates.

Am I the great gujju or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home