Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Bad Karma

You know, sometimes certain things are never meant to be. I had to study Shakespeare's As You Like It in high school, during which time I probably cussed it a thousand times over. But tonight, I wanted nothing more than to see it.
We got free tickets (through friends) to the final showing of Shakespeare in the Park - and we had a little picnic before outside the park - and that was absolutely lovely. Now, the moment the clock struck 8 (the time the performance was scheduled to begin) it began to rain. Since this is an outdoor performance, and there is no roof - they obviously can't perform with the rain. So with umbrella we waited patiently outside for an hour and half for the rain to subside. And of course, it did. For five minutes! By the time we were ushered in, it began drizzling again.
And so the performance was cancelled.

The one free event I really wanted to see - I couldnt get to. *sigh* I'd go back in time to fix all that I said to As You Like It for one more free showing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home