Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Sunday, July 17, 2005

You gotta love the city!

I've always had faith in this city. Anyone who knows me knows that not so long ago I lost my phone (thanks to H&M shorts). Today, Sugar (my gay aunt in Morristown, NJ) called me saying that someone called her telling her that they have my phone. After a brief conversation, Sugar called me and told me that this lady called Michelle found my phone - I was so thrilled - all my numbers back again - and safe!!

I went and picked it up from her house in upper harlem, and it turns out that Michelle's mother works as an attendant at the 168th St A-train station, and somebody had turned it in a couple of weeks ago, and it was just lying in the closet bec no one claimed it. Indignant, Michelle looked up my phone book and saw that Sugar's name was the only one that had mobile, work, and home numbers : which meant it had to be an important person. Talk about loving New York!

Like Marie, my legendary landlady said - "And they say harlem is filled with dishonest and unsafe people!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home