Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Free Film #1

So last night, in a spur of the moment decision, I decided to go to watch my first ever free summer film in new york city - Chicago. Now, I've seen the film before - and I love it - but the reason I went was not because I wanted to see the film again, but because it was free (can't help the gujju gene!).
When I went there, I was not expecting it to be so fabulous - it was on an artifically created pier on the river with a fabulous view of Jersey behind the screen and another fabulous view of Manhattan behind us. The weather was gorgeous, and the only thing missing was the wine and the picnic basket. The movie, of course, was spectacular, and claps followed all of the sizzling numbers (Mama Morton, the jailhouse tango and razzle dazzle).
There's no doubt that i'm going to get set for the next couple of free movies through the end of the summer!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home