Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Friday, April 07, 2006

Gay Salsa Dancing Lesson

Now that I have all this free time on my hands, I've been perusing the Time Out for free things like a horny gay boy at the roxy on a saturday night. So, I was thrilled when I came across a free salsa and east coast swing dance class at this studio called 'Stepping Out', which specializes in gay dance classes. And so I took my elmer fudness and we set out to burn up the floor. Of course there were only 2 cute guys there - and they were together. The rest were all oldies or lesbians. But since partners were rotated, it was actually very fun - without ulterior phone number getting motives.

And some relevant issues were brought up in same sex dancing- it's easier to lead a woman than a man, and sometimes it feels really icky when you're dancing with a bear (hairy man), and you can feel his back hair through 2 layers (although I could've totally been imagining this). Also, it was really fun, because there were no gender stereotypes - everybody led and followed, so it was fun :). Plus watching E.Fudness' 2 left feet was hillarious - poor chap - but he definitely tried and did get better by the end of the night.
We had dosas for dinner, and since the weather was so great, walked up 60 blocks while chatting about g, his ex, desi boys and a lot more. Also, the eye candy on the upper east isn't that bad - so moving there is not nescessarily going to be a socially bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home