Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Monday, August 01, 2005

The most uneventful weekend in the summer

So, I went off to jersey to do the usual cooking routine with the brother. This time, it was fairly chilled out (except the drama that my brother creates every time he tries to nag me about my life and i fight back telling him to shut up!). We made random eggplant veggie (was supposed to be something between hyderabadi eggplant and eggplant bharta- and I don't know what it became, but it tastes pretty good!) and spinach dal (which was strictly ok).
In any case, we finally moved my old TV which was stuck in my jersey city apartment to my current apartment. It made me so glad that I moved out of that apartment - the moment we entered it was stinking of stale indian food gone bad! Met Gladwyn (aka retard-wyn), my old roomie, who really is a nice guy except for the fact that he's really filthy. And he was doing alright temping at Lehman or something of the sort. He seemed quite content and settled (with pot belly and all).
Not sure whether the Kama Sutra tee I was wearing scandalized him, or whether it was just his flu-infected haze, but he seemed a bit stunned to meet me.

Had dinner then with one of bhai's friends who lives a couple of blocks down (this bengali dude who is an unbelievable cook).

My next mission : find a free/cheap DVD player for my big TV. Craigslist here I come... (not that I went anywhere - I was always faithful to you)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home