Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Thursday, September 01, 2005

A Eulogy to Big Cup

When I came to the city in 2001, I was a closeted, introverted, shy young lad. And I had no access to gay bars, or gay anything. Then, while reading a gay guide to New York in B&N (I didn't buy the book - just read it there) - I came across Big Cup. I jotted down the address in my travel book and went there within the next 15 minutes. It was fabulous. Pretty things all over the place. It was my first taste of Chelsea. It was the first place that I ever checked out other guys (didn't get picked up though).
Later, when I moved to New York - I became somewhat of a regular there (maybe once a month or so) - and it was the best people watching/cruising place ever. And you didn't even have to buy anything to sit down there - and Lot and me would check out guys (actually I would check out guys and she would check out the trashy gossip mags). It was the universal chelsea meeting place.
But now - all that's there is a papered walls and a sign which says "FOR RENT".
*sniff*

We will miss you much BC!!!!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home