Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The last few days...

So, although I anticipated being in the lab on Monday - I didn't really actually get the technician who's going to be working with me till today. I start splitting the cells tomorrow (I still have to read up on what this means), and the major part of the experiment will continue next week. I'm pretty excited, though. I've missed the lab the last coupla years.

Oustide of that, tried to make the most of my off time - changed banks from BofA to shitty..er..citi, went window shopping in thrift shops around chelsea (nothing interesting), and then had a nice South Indian meal with bhangu, nangu and picoley (aka nicole) last night at Madras Mahal - a place one block east of my old office.

What is newsworthy, however, is that while window shopping in Chelsea, I realized that Big Cup shut down (Eulogy to follow). *sigh*

Also, Mayur Pahilajani, this cockroach like desi in the journalism department, who can't spell, write or report to save his life got into this big debate with Anjali Naik, a former NYU student and snobby rich kid brat who used to be in my class in cathedral, about the use of the word 'desi'. For those interested, I will copy and paste a transcript of the emails - How did Mayur Pahilajani ever get accepted into NYU??!!! I'm surprised he can even spell his own name. Well, he did write for the ToI - so that says a lot about him - and he's from Ulhasnagar (not that I have anything against people from Ulhasnagar)! Ugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home