Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Rang De Basanti and Minnesotta

So went to see the new Aamir Khan hindi movie, Rang de Basanti (Colors of Spring), with my brother last sunday - and let me just tell you - I was blown away. It's unbelievable the way the director, Rakeysh Mehra, has managed to capture the sentiment and apathy of the youth in India, and show people what the country needs. To say that a surge of nationalism rushed through me during the movie is an understatement. I don't want to say too much more because I may end up giving away details of the plot, but in a nutshell, Kya zabardast picture hai!!! Anyone who's desi needs to go see it. I'm going to go again - it is superb.

And in other news, I am going to Minnesotta from Mar 2-5. The U of MN has invited me to minneapolis to interview with them, which means I get an all expense paid trip for 4 days to see my Nonie! (I should be more excited about the interview, but for some reason, I'm more excited to navneet!) In anycase, I hope some good comes of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home