Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Friday, August 12, 2005

AAARRGGHH!!!

I hate the company I intern at!!! First of all, they have no work. No, seriously, they have absolutely no work - I get paid to surf the net and check my email 100,000 times a day. I have read the 'best of' on craigslist 100 times over.
Secondly, the management sucks. People here are so disorganized! And finally, the real reason why I hate them, the people in accounts are mentally challenged.

So this is how it starts - when I was being interviewed - I made it very very clear that I was an international student. My 'supervisor' (who has nothing to do with me except sign my paysheets) said this was absolutely cool and that they've dealt with international employees etc etc. Then she very conveniently is 'too busy' to deal with my paperwork bec she has to go to a meeting in Barcelona.
Then she files my paperwork when she comes back from Barcelona (It's been 2 weeks since I've been working there and not getting paid). She begins to file the paperwork then - and realizes I'm an international - and there are different procedures for internationals. So, in the next month the whole friggin company gets to know that I'm an international and I haven't been paid and nobody in the accounts dept knows how to deal with an international. McCann headquarters (up in Nebraska or wherever) finally hears about it and sends down a protocol. So for another week or so they're dealing with the ramification of their screw up. By the time I actually get my first paycheck its July. 2 months after I started working here.
Then the woman in accts tells me that I have to stop filling in timesheets and get on the company's computerized time check in system, which is much easier and fine for me. So for 3 weeks, I don't do timesheets - I just do the online time entering. Today, I get a call from her saying she hasn't recieved my timesheets for the last 3 weeks, and that I won't get a check on Monday. WTF??!!!!!!
So I spend the last hour making my timesheets, getting them signed, running up and down around the whole building (our office is on the 4th fl, accounts is on 2 and the other half of the office is on 11- don't ask me how it works!) and then she's like you do have to enter your hours online, but give in a time sheet as well (why I have to do this double effort is beyond my comprehension) I just lumped it, gave her the time sheets - I have to work here for 3 more weeks and then I'm back in school.

And my back still hurts.

AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home