Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Temptation

So went with Jordana today to pick up her iPod at the apple store, and happened to get a glimpse of the new iPod nano. Man, it is so sweet. Its so cute - fits in the palm of your hand, and has games, photos and music. I am sooo tempted to give in and buy it - and if I buy it at sharper image I may just be able to afford it - thanks to my generous aunt who donated a pair of $100 binoculars to me (I loved the opportunity to work at your pharm ad company in chicago - but why binoculars? Anyway, I exchanged them for store cred). That, and I can get $50 gift certificate from my Amex points by the end of this month (was planning on using that to buy a nice fall coat or sweaters - but they can totally wait). Which leaves me with $50 - which I can manage to foot.
Should I, Shouldn't I??!!!

Decisions decisions...

Also, looking forward to what NYU Divya calls my "3-day wedding/birthday" - Day 1: dinner with a family and a few close friends (registered wedding); Day 2: Sholay Party (Sangeet) and Day 3: My lounge bar party (reception).

For those who read my blog regulary and haven't recieved the e-vite - details about my birthday party:

Sat 9/24 10pm onwards at the Xth(Tenth) Ave Lounge - on Tenth Ave between 45 and 46. (No Cover!!!)

For those who want to come to Sholay (South Asian GLBT Bollywood Party):
9/23 10pm-12pm $10 cover, After 12pm $15 at CLUB REMIX (NOT Pepper - where they usually host it) 24 Murray St (between Broadway & Church St)Trains: A/C/E/2/3 to Park Place in Manhattan.

In other news, not much - saw Salman Rushdie speak at B&N and got enamored and bought his book - then realizing that I couldn't really afford it - so will return it soon (maybe even try and sell it on ebay for a profit - it's autographed).
Dying to read Maximum City by Suketu Mehta - the brother is reading it and raving about it - now I'm all eager, especially after shantaram.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home