Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Cookin'

So today another worm found its way into my head - the cooking one. My fridge is stocked with enough food to last me for the rest of week, but I somehow managed to convince myself that everything there was 'curry', and nothing 'dry' - and so I had to create some.

So, in the heat, I went grocery shopping to the Appletree (gourmet grocery nearby) because I wanted 'fresh' food. Of course, I realize today, that it is a crappy store because it has no cilantro. Any store which has no cilantro deserves to be plucked from the surface of new york city. And they're overpriced!!

Anyway, after doing my grocery, I did cook - tofu, green peppers and onions and Manu (my cook in India who's been with the family for 2 generations) 'mix vegetable'. So now I have an overstocked fridge.

Lookin' forward to seeing Wong Kar Wai's 'In the mood for love' (prequel to 2046) tonight, which John Watson, a co worker of mine, most graciously lent me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home