Bombay Gujju: New York, NY

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Half Baked!

So yesterday I had big plans of throwing a party in my living room. Before I go any further, I should mention that Marie (my living legend landlady) has a huge living room (by non-new york standards as well), and is the perfect place to entertain guests. And in this huge fabulous living room there are 3 teeny weeny fans which give out about the same amount of air as a fart. So obviously not the best place to throw a party in the summer.

So I got up all eager to plan my menu and give instructions to Bianca and nikhiel who were coming over later that day to help out. FIve minutes in the living room and I was drenched. So even before I finished my morning ovaltine, I called/emailed everyone and told them the party's off.
What even possessed me to think of throwing ap arty in this 100 degree summer heat is beyond my comprehension.

Anyway, as the day progressed, slept for 3 hours, read some more of Shantaram (brilliant book, btw - so insightful and revelatory) and basically chilled. Then, in the evening went over to Brooklyn to hang out (and smoke up) with Ashley, Bianca's lesbian-jew-convert-texan ex-roomate. By the time we left, we were so stoned, we could have made cheech and chong look alert.

Nikhiel and his Cuban friend Fidel, who I think is very very strange and very very horny, tried to fix Ashley's bathroom lightbulb (why - I have no idea - this is one of the reasons why I think he's strange). Trying to change a lightbulb when you and everyone around is so majorly stoned
is not really the best of all strategies - especially when you're in somebody else's house and nobody knows where th lightbulbs are. Anyway, he decided to go ahead and change the bulb (it took him 2 hours). By that time we were already late to make it in time for Broken Flowers (new critically acclaimed Bill Murray film). And we did. Only, the show was sold out. So that was a complete waste!!
Instead, we went to Washington Sq park and enjoyed the stoned musicians playing stuff on their

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home